The clinic is designed to identify individuals that appear to have familial or hereditary bone dysplasia with or without dysmorphic features, and provide a thorough evaluation of the condition, genetic counseling and education which will be beneficial for the patients and their families. Working in concert with the patients’ physicians, Surgeons and Radiologist will give more benefits for the patients to get better view and understanding of their disabilities.
The services you get
- Individualized risk assessment for all forms of skeletal dysplasia considering systematic approach.
- Arrange Screening facilities from reputed reference labs local and Overseas.
- Genetic counseling for affected families
- Patient education
Indications for Referral
- Congenital skeletal dysplasia patients (isolated cases)
- Skeletal dysplasias occurring in multiple generations.
- Two or more close relatives (1st or 2nd degree relatives) with the same deformity or dysplasia.
- Multiple deformities in a individual.
- Diagnosed skeletal dysplasia in a family member.
In addition to the above mentioned specific indications, If any person having a relative with skeletal dysplasia may seek the services of the clinic.
Tests for Achondroplasia is currently available.
We plan to introduce more tests in the near future with your Demand and Request.
You are welcome to direct Your referrals To
Skeletal dysplasia Genetics Clinic
Human Genetics Unit
Faculty of Medicine
University of Colombo
On Every Monday From 08:00am to 04:00pm
Please call/e-mail to book an appointment prior to sending patients for better care.