University of Colombo Faculty of Medicine
Human Genetics Unit
Calling for Applications
MSc in Regenerative Medicine Course
Applications are called for enrollment of students for the MSc in Regenerative Medicine Course conducted by the Human Genetics Unit, Faculty of Medicine,University of Colombo.
The course is scheduled to commence in the first week of August 2016. Closing date for applications – 30th of June 2016
- The Course is conducted in collaboration with the Manipal School of Regenerative Medicine, Manipal University, India.
- The curriculum include both theory and practical work in embryonal, foetal and adult stem cells, cellular & developmental biology, molecular biology, immunology, and bioinformatics and statistics.
- This is a unique course which is specically designed to teach students to gain hands on experience in handling stem cells which include stem cell isolation from primary tissue, culture and characterization, and clinical applications of stem cells which include tissue engineering,ethical and regulatory aairs related to stem cells.
- MBBS or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution;
- BDS or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution;
- BVS or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution; or
- BSc in Biomedical science or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution.